Wedding season is upon us, which means IT’S TIME TO PARTY!!! A bridal shower is one of the most important pre-wedding activities for every bride-to-be. It dates back to the 16th century and the tradition has lived through millennials.
Who Throws The Bridal Shower?
The job of throwing a bridal shower is that of the maid of honor. However, the bride’s friends, bridesmaids, or bridal party can come together to host one. These days, almost anybody can handle this task, including the bride’s mom.
When Should You Celebrate A Bridal Shower?
From bridal shower themes to, of course, the yummiest bridal shower food, we’ve got it all here, We have compiled everything you need to plan the PERFECT bridal shower.
BRIDAL SHOWER THEMES
Without question, the first thing on your planning to-do list should be picking from this list of bridal shower themes. A theme ties the whole event together and makes it even more fun for the guests! Therefore, when considering which of these bridal shower themes will work best for you, keep in mind that the focus of the event should be on what the bride likes, prefers, or is comfortable with. In other words, you want her to ultimately be the happiest guest of all!
1. Spa Themed Bridal Shower – Manicures, pedicures, makeup, and massages! Talk about one of the girliest bridal shower themes out there! If this seems like something your bride would like, then celebrate the bride-to-be with a relaxing afternoon! Laura, from Intimate Weddings, has come up with a bunch of “spa” inspired activities and ideas! Not to mention, these matching bridal party robes will just finish this idea off perfectly!
2. Bridal Shower Brunch – Doesn’t this bridal shower brunch from Jenny Collier look delicious?! Without a doubt, we are drooling over those breakfast casseroles, doughnut/ fruit skewers, yogurt parfaits, and yummy bagel bar non-stop over here!
3. Lunchbox Themed Bridal Shower – If you are searching for a fun and casual bridal shower theme, then check out these adorable bridal shower ideas from Ann at On Sutton Place! We are totally in LOVE with her lunchbox themed shower! Aren’t those ribbon-wrapped guest lunches the cutest?! Also, we’re dying over those kraft boxes!!
4. Girls Scout Themed Bridal Shower – Okay, can we just talk about how stinkin’ cute this Girl Scout bridal shower theme is from Beau & Arrow Events?! Without question, we love every single detail about this party! Add some glamorous touches (like decorated “Always be Prepared” kits for your guests) for an unforgettable and adorable bridal shower!
5. Kitchen Themed Bridal Shower – Serve up the perfect bridal shower by using this adorable idea from Melissa Baum Events as inspiration! It’s a beyond-beautiful mint and yellow kitchen themed bridal shower! Not to mention, these cute recipe cards would be a fun addition to this shower!